Tuesday, June 1, 2010

IN THIS CORNER WITH JERSON RAVELO!




By Jerson Ravelo with Brandon Estrict

Back like we never left, In This Corner with Jerson Ravelo brings you into the mind of one of NJ’s premier fighters! Ravelo reaches out to our Brandon Estrict for the second edition of his blog, exclusively here on GardenStateFightScene.com! In this edition Jerson speaks on Mayweather-Mosley, reveals who his all-time favorite fighter is, and gives his take on stricter drug testing in boxing. Without further adieu, let’s get this started!

What's on tap and how does it feel being back in the gym.

It feels good being in the gym, even though I have nothing coming up, I mean I'm going thru the same scenario that I have been going thru for the longest amount of time, Not being able to get fights on my own because promoters are very selfish when it comes to putting a fighter who is not on their stable on a show, even if the fighter sells enough tickets to pay for his entire fight, Also getting fights offered to me from left to right, and these so called fighters not wanting to take me as their opponent after I say yes to their offer.

What did you think of Mayweather-Mosley?

I though the fight was good for the first two rounds, they were exchanging punches, Mosley even hurt Mayweather a couple of times, but after the second round, once Mayweather figured him out and Mosley blowing his load when he thought he was going to knock Mayweather out, then it just became a target practice for Mayweather, even though I'm not a Mayweather fan, the guy is a great fighter.

What do you think about the Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing hurdle? Would you take the tests if an opponent asked you?

Well it would all depend on the situation, for example, Mayweather is so impressed with Pacquiao's recent performances, that he think it's because he's on steroids, if I was Pacquiao, I would love to go into a fight with Mayweather making him think whatever he's thinking, and have an edge going into the fight, if I was Pacquiao, I would get tested, but not in the time frame that Mayweather is requesting, I mean he agreed to 14 days before the fight and the next day after the fight, I doubt they can develop a steroid that can only work 14 days prior to a fight and exits your system several hours after the fight, The fight will get done, too much money involved for both fighters and for boxing.


Who is your all-time favorite fighter?

My favorite all time fighter is Roy Jones Jr, I actually learned how to fight on my own by watching tapes on Roy Jones Jr, and Felix Trinidad, But I think Roy Jones Jr has been the best fighter my eyes have seem, we're talking in my lifetime, here's a guy who made fighters look very average, then these fighters would go on to win World Championships, and hold those Championships for years, ad that says a lot about Roy Jones Jr.


What are your goals in boxing at this point, what do you hope to accomplish before you're done.

Well my first goal at this point is to just get back in the ring, once I get back in the ring and stay busy then my goal would be to fight for a Regional Title and then of course fight for a World Title, I feel it's very achievable as long as I'm able to get fights, I have fought 10 times in the last 8 years, it's very frustrating, but I'm still not giving up, god will let me know when I'm done, and he has yet to send the fat woman to start singing, Hopefully I will get back in the ring this Summer.

If you’d like to contact Jerson, or you have a few questions for him that you want answered, you can find him on Facebook, or you can e-mail me at BEstrict@hotmail.com

Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment