Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Judah to fight Clark at The Prudential Center October 2!



Dan Rafael of Espn.com is reporting that former Junior Welterweight and Welterweight champion Zab "Super Judah" Judah will take on Michael Clark on October 2nd at the Prudential Ccenter in Newark.

“I know he’s coming to win,” Judah told ESPN.com on Monday from Las Vegas, where he’s training with Eddie Mustafa Muhammad. “I’m just excited. I’m back in training. Me and Eddie have been in the gym putting in the work. I am looking to go in there and show the world that I am back and that I am the best 140-pounder in the world.”

“I felt great in the Santa Cruz fight,” Judah said. “For this fight here, I will come in at 140. I’m feeling good. Whenever I step in the ring, it will always be an exciting night. I’m making a promise that it will be a dynamic performance. I am mentally and physically ready.”

“With the performances of Bradley and Alexander [in their recent fights], I consider myself the best guy in the division,” Judah said. “Those guys know with me back at 140 that my eyes are set on them, Devon, Bradley and Khan. I don’t know when or which order they will be taken in, but there will be order in the court. I am looking to be undisputed champion at 140 pounds.”

“We offered the fight to Juan Urango, Victor Cayo, Paulie Malignaggi, Lucas Matthysse, Julio Diaz, Kendall Holt and Joel Casamayor,” Said Main Events promoter Kathy Duva. “None of them were interested.”

“HBO knows we are willing to fight any of them, but I was told the only way I was going to get Zab on HBO was to fight on one of Golden Boy’s dates since they have the dates and they have most of those fighters,” Duva said.

“Zab came down from welterweight because he had been fighting in a division he was too small for for a long time and he isn’t going to make that mistake again,” Duva said. “I told Lou (DiBella) if Berto wants to come down to 140, we can make the fight right now. But that isn’t something he’s interested in, which is fine. But we are not going to wait until these guys are willing to fight Zab. We went after just about everyone in the top 10, so it’s frustrating. So we give Michael Clark a lot of credit because he’s willing to fight Zab. He should be given credit. People want to fight Zab at 147, but not at 140, so that’s where we are.”

“Zab needs to just keep putting together wins like he did in July with the idea to get a fight against one of the big guys in the division and eventually his marketability will trump their reticence to fight him,” said Duva, who added that television plans for the Oct. 2 card were in the works. “Outside guys who have belts, he’s the best in the division and we’d like guys to fight him. That’s what this is supposed to be about, fighting the best fights, not looking for an easy fight.”

Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment