Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tapia Fight Cancellation Turns out to be blessing in Disguise!



Passaic's Glen Tapia was slated to take on rugged veteran Edvan Barros last night in Las Vegas, NV, but the bout was scrapped due to a scheduling issue.

Tapia had a solid training camp and was ready to go however, the cancellation of another card prompted promoter Top Rank to put some of their fighters under contact on last night's show, which forced them to can the Tapia-Barros fight.

Luckily for Tapia, his hard work and dedication to training wasn't wasted. Tapia informed GSFS that he is leaving for Los Angeles this evening to spar with pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao leading up to his November 13 bout with Antonio Margarito.

The former amateur standout, who previously served as a sparring partner for Miguel Cotto, views everything that happened as a blessing.

"I am excited to get this opportunity to train with one of the greatest in the world," said Tapia. "I am going to learn a lot from him and this will be a great step towards bettering my career."

Tapia is also thrilled to share the squared circle with a fighter he admires and strives to model himself after.

"I am a big fan of (Pacquiao) and I really like the intensity he fights with because he goes in there to give the fans a show, beat his opponents up and knock them out. I like to do the same so working with him will make me better at what I do."

Tapia's next fight will take place October 30 in AC against an opponent TBA.

Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment