Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Troy Maxwell Training Blog!







Training is going great every day starts at 6:30 am. I get up get my stuff together and head out the door to meet the other fighters at All N Conditioning (Virgil Hill’s gym) for road work after. After that we typically do some more conditioning on the boardwalk in AC, maybe some sprints what ever Coach Virgil has in store for us. That's the cool thing about training with him we never no what we are going to be doing.



The only thing you know that if you are training with him is you’ll be in shape. After my morning workout, I get a little break where I attempt to finish my homework and what not before heading back to the gym at 3 for boxing. This cycle is repeated everyday unless I gotta shoot to school in between workouts.



The training for my upcoming fight (February 27th in AC against fellow New Jerseyan Todd Eriksson) has been the best I’ve ever had. I am finally 100% healthy! We have been training really hard my cardio is unbelievable. The dedication is there as well. Even Saturday in the snow storm I made it to the gym. My car literally couldn't move, so I bundled up and jogged to All N Conditioning just to train.



Boxing wise, this is also the best I have ever been. Virgil and Mike Hall are wizards when you put them together in the corner! I couldn't ask for better sparring either. I have been working with Native American sensation Shawn Hawk (20-1). He's new to Jersey and I have learned a lot by working with him. John “The Eastern Beast” Brown is always around to show me some tricks, he even gets in sparring sessions when he’s training for an upcoming fight. I always make sure to get out of the gym to sparring elsewhere once a week at least so I have a lot of different looks in front of me, as most 4 round fighters don't have any footage out there.



We are 17 days out from the fight and I am feeling great! These last few weeks of killer (and somewhat unpredictable) training will really put my body to the test. I am lucky to be blessed with world class training and world class team, so I am ready to get to get this started! Can’t wait until fight night.



Troy Maxwell is a 1-0 light heavyweight from Galloway. His fight is featured on the off-tv portion of the Fox Sports en Espanol card headlined by Paterson’s Kendall Holt.







No comments:

Post a Comment