Friday, May 21, 2010

Tamara Ready for First Title Defense!



With 116 rounds of sparring getting ready for the first defense of the IBF, Jr. Flyweight Championship Carlos "El Olimpico" Tamara tells GSFS that "he is in better shape than for the Brian Viloria fight."

Pretty hard to understand how a man that had to come from behind to crown himself as a World Champion by beating Brian Viloria from the 9th round until referee Bruce McTavish had to stop the fight at 1:45 of the 12th round admits he is in better shape for this fight than his last fight.

Carlos the condition you exhibited in your fight vs Brian Viloria was something extraordinary and now you tell us that you are now in better shape?

Yes, I am and I owe it all to the fighters that helped me getting into this shape:
Jose "Chilli Willie" Rivera, Raul Lopez, Julian Rodriguez, Miguel Cartagena and my room mate Carlos "Mina" Zambrano.

These guys have also raised their level when we spar and that's the reason I'm
telling you I'm in better shape than for the Viloria fight.

"I was fighting to survive and make a living now I fight to defend and maintain my World Title." As you know I have the best team in boxing with Universal Promotions, my trainers Butch Sanchez and Angel Pin Pin De Jesus, my manager Nelson Fernández that does not stop sleep working on bigger and better things for my future -- and now I train/excell on my craft using the best boxing equipment in the world EVERLAST.

You have my promise that I will return with my IBF, Jr. Flyweight title after the Luis Alberto "El Mosquito" Lazarte fight.

Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment