Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Jersey based Pound for Pound Promotions Ink Mondre Pope!

UNION CITY, NEW JERSEY (November 10, 2009) Former amateur standout Mondre “The General” Pope has signed an exclusive promotional contract with New Jersey based Pound For Pound Promotions, it was announced today by its President, John Lynch.

The 20 year old junior lightweight prospect, a native of Norfolk , Virginia , is coming off a six round decision win over Gerardo Robles on October 2nd at the Blue Horizon in Philadelphia . The win raised his record to 3-0-1.

Said Lynch, "We're very pleased to have Mondre join our group of exciting young fighters. He had an outstanding amateur career and we've been impressed with his performances as a professional. He's a great fit for our team and we anticipate big things from him."

Said Pope about the signing, “I have dedicated the majority of my life to boxing, first as an amateur and now on a professional level. I have worked hard, and turned down two other promotional offers waiting for an opportunity to become part of the Pound For Pound team. Without the support of my family, my manager, Rodney and my advisor, Kariann I would not be where I am now.”

“Without Pound For Pound Promotions, I know I would not end up where I am meant to be – winning championships. I know that there are tremendous challenges that come with this opportunity, and I’m looking forward to each and every one of them.”

Pope is trained by Rodney Hanks and managed by Hanks and Kariann Taylor. Said Hanks about the signing, “As Mondre’s trainer and manager I see the dedication, the talent and the work ethic he maintains. I believe this is a perfect fit with Pound For Pound Promotions who holds true to the qualities it takes to bring great talent to the top. I look forward to working hard for Mondre and Pound For Pound Promotions.”

Continued Taylor “Mondre is an extremely determined and talented athlete who has overcome many obstacles in order to reach a singular goal: to become a world champion. We are confident in the decision to join the Pound For Pound team because they bring to the table what Mondre brings to the ring: unwavering dedication, extensive expertise, and a proven track record of success.”

Pope finished his illustrious amateur career with a stellar record of 134-8-0, including a staggering eight time Champion at the National Golden Gloves. He took second place in 2004 and 2005 at the National Junior Olympics. Additionally, he was a first place finisher in the Silver Gloves; The Mayor’s Cup, The PAL Tournament and is an eight time National Golden Gloves champion.

Details of Pope’s first bout under the Pound For Pound banner will be announced shortly.




border="0" alt="Web Site Hit Counters">

No comments:

Post a Comment