Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perez Returns February 4 in Puerto Rico!



By E.A. Sirota

Coming off the toughest test of his young career, Newark's Michael Angelo "The Artist" Perez (11-0, 5 KO) is excited to be fighting in Puerto Rico again next Friday. The bout will take place in Lares, the hometown of Perez's parents, and will be televised on Telefutura. The Golden Boy promoted lightweight is returning to Puerto Rico after defeating the dangerous Jose Hernandez in an exciting 8 round decision this past December. His opponent has not been finalized, but Marcos Herrera of Colorado is penciled in for now.

"I was surprised at how much love they showed me" Perez said of how well he was received by the Puerto Rican fans,"even though it was my first time fighting down there, it was sold out and that's why we're going back." Perez expects an even better turnout in the place he was almost born. "My mother was 8 months pregnant when she came here, so I tell people, "I was made in Puerto Rico."'

Even though he enjoys fighting in his second home, and a place he visits whenever he has the opportunity, Perez is eager to fight on one of the upcoming cards at Newark's Prudential Center. "I've fought all over the place LA, Vegas, Texas but I've only fought in Jersey three times. I'd like to give my family and friends another chance to come out and support me."


WANT TO ORDER A GSFS SHIRT? Email Yanoboxing@aol.com and get yours today!Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment